Developed in response to specific client requirements, including an very complicated environment for its size, lack or resources and technology skills, the AMDM (Advanced Membership Data Management) was developed to improve automation, efficiency, accuracy and consistency of membership data. Bilingual requirements would otherwise often necessitate the use of complex – read expensive – off-the-shelf systems.
Low-level, off-the-shelf membership administration database selected for its pricing not being dependent on number of records. In this case, a helpdesk ticketing system and custom fields are used for this purposes … as it neatly takes care of email and support communications.
- API running at appropriate intervals (defined by customer needs) pulling data into a processing database. Automated processing of data to accommodate for changes to the custom fields. Innovative fault protection system to prevent further processing if the API run fails or produces questionable data. Interfaces run autonomously in the background.
- API or imports from other systems (e.g. Google groups, finance systems, external databases) imported in a similar fashion. API interfaces run autonomously in the background, non-API systems may require manual data exports.
AMDM Data Processing
- AMDM then has the relevant data in easy to query and process MySQL tables. PHP scripting can produce required reports , and is flexible enough to accommodate changing client requirements. Reports can produce output in a particular format, compare data in different systems, identify changes to data, send out notifications, verify data, act as a backup engine.
AMDM Output – On Demand
- Duly authorised users have the opportunity to call up relevant data in verified, consistent reports.
- Template logic in reporting allows users to request new reports which are easy to implement.
AMDM Output – Automated
- AMDM produces automated outputs by email or API into other systems.
- At present, the system updates WordPress with a specification-compliant membership list extracted from the membership administration system.
- Data integrity alerts, for example if invalid data is found, or non-interfaced systems are showing incongruent data sets.
- If configured accordingly, updates to reports are automatically emailed to relevant parties as reports are generated. This happens without user interaction whenever the AMDM is processing data.